The right bathroom makeover project can deliver a myriad of excellent benefits that make all the effort that goes into such a project so worthwhile, while a poorly planned and executed project can be a nightmarish experience that makes a homeowner wish they’d never bothered in the first place.
To ensure your upcoming bathroom makeover project delivers the outcomes and benefits that you aim to achieve, it’s important to have a clear idea of the benefits as well as sound knowledge of the common mistakes that you need to avoid. At Rockingham Glass, we’ve helped many homeowners with their bathroom remodelling projects by supplying and installing high-quality shower screens, mirrors, glass hardware and accessories, so don’t hesitate to contact the team for expert advice.
The Benefits of Remodelling the Bathroom – Why Bother?
Provided the bathroom makeover project is carried out professionally and delivered on time and on budget, there are many outstanding benefits to remodelling the bathroom. These may include:
- Increasing Usable Space – Due to poor bathroom design and layout, many older bathrooms lack sufficient usable space. By remodelling, homeowners can open up the bathroom, increasing the usable space and making the entire area feel less cramped and cluttered.
- Enhancing Energy Efficiency – As modern bathroom fixtures are more energy-efficient than older bathroom fixtures, remodelling enables homeowners to enhance energy efficiency in the bathroom, reducing their energy bills and carbon footprint in the process.
- Increasing the Value of the Property – The right bathroom makeover project can add significant value to your home in addition to providing you with further peace of mind by making it easier to sell your property in the future by increasing its appeal to homebuyers.
- Enhancing Aesthetic Appeal and Comfort – With the seemingly countless innovations in bathroom fixtures in recent years, remodelling enables you to make your bathroom more comfortable while adding aesthetic appeal that makes it a more attractive space.
While there are many excellent benefits to take advantage of with bathroom makeover projects, it’s essential to avoid the many common remodelling mistakes that so many homeowners make.
Common Bathroom Makeover Mistakes
Remodelling the bathroom can be a costly, time-consuming project and there are many commonly made mistakes that all homeowners need to be aware of and understand how to avoid, such as:
- Overspending on Materials and Services – As home renovation experts often point out, you can always expect to go over budget with such projects, so factor in an additional 10 percent to allow for this but keep the entire project below 1.5% of the total value of the property.
However, that doesn’t mean you should overspend on materials and services, so obtain and compare quotes before making agreements and/or purchases and always trust the supply and installation of bathroom fixtures to businesses that you can trust, like Rockingham Glass.
- Choosing the Wrong Bathroom Products – Not only are some bathroom products of a much better quality than others, but some products, like shower screens and bath panels, for example, are much better suited to some bathroom designs than others.
To make the right decisions about the shower screens, mirrors and glassware accessories in your new bathroom, speak to the experts at RG. We’ve been helping local homeowners select the best products for their bathroom makeover projects for over 30 years and we look forward to helping you choose the right products for your bathroom remodelling project.
- Poor Task Lighting – It isn’t enough to choose the right mirror for the space above the vanity unit in a bathroom as the right task lighting needs to be chosen so that you can shave, apply makeup or style your hair comfortably. As we have many years’ experience supplying and installing bathroom mirrors, we’ll help you select the perfect mirror and we can also provide you with advice on the best task lighting products to go with your new bathroom mirror.
- DIY Waterproofing and Other Mistakes – One of the most commonly made DIY bathroom renovation mistakes, and also one of the most expensive mistakes to fix, is poor waterproofing in the shower. This means it’s advisable to have a certified tiler install your new tiles and have the experts at RG install your new bath panels or shower screen for you.
At Rockingham Glass, we supply and install a fantastic selection of quality bathroom products, such as shower screens, bath panels, mirrors, glassware and accessories at highly competitive prices. And as we’ve helped so many local homeowners select the most suitable products for their bathroom makeover projects, you can confidently rely on our personable team members’ experienced advice when exploring your options regarding the fixtures that you select for your new bathroom.
Don’t hesitate to get in touch with the RG team when planning your upcoming bathroom makeover project – we welcome the opportunity to help you make your project a complete success.